Its been more than a year


Wow looking at my last entry, it was like more than a year ago. I still can recall telling myself that I will and must write more but guess what? Jeng jeng jeng.... 1 and a half year later I am here writing... 2017 is the year with the least amount of postings from me! hahaha

But I am not giving up on this page. So let me share with you what happened to me the last year and a half.

Since my last entry, I have been through quite a roller coaster ride. I got moved into two different departments in 6 months. NO, not because I was problematic but I got better offer and so happened that the 2nd offer was too good to refuse. Then again it was a tough job as I have little knowledge but I was willing to learn. Then some unsavoury thing happened. I contracted HFMD (hand foot mouth disease)! Yes! HF-Fuckin-MD! An outbreak only prone for kids and I got it. It was hell, I couldn't walk or hold anything for a week. There were blisters on my foot and my palms. I have to self quarantine and avoid all human contact. Madness!

Then things went smoothly after that, I recovered, work was so so, challenging but fulfilling. Conducted my first training..

Then came 2018, new years was low key. So was Chinese New Year. Then disaster struck, the one fear that I feared most happened to me. I always dread surgery and I was diagnosed with pneumonia. I was hopitalized for 3 weeks and because they were unable to drain the fluid in my lungs, they have to cut me up and suck it out. I was discharged after 3 months and when I thought all was getting better, a 2nd disaster struck! A week after I was discharged, I started to feel my legs going limp. And suddenly I couldn't walk. Went back to see my doctor and he did a MRI scan and it showed that I have a compressed spinal cord due to slipped disc. WTF?! I was told that I have to go for surgery to relief the spinal cord or else risk paralysis.

By then my soul and morale was broken. It was one of my lowest point. I was scared and worried. Not about the surgery but whether I will be a paraplegic. The thought of it was very scary. Even my surgeon told me that he cant guarantee that after the surgery I would be able to recover. So I went to my 2nd major surgery. After the surgery I was still unable to move my legs. A month passed and I was still stuck in the hospital unable to even stand. I was getting worried. I was then transferred to another hospital for my physiotherapy. I spent close to a month there and it was during my time there I've told myself that I must and I will walk out of this place. I did...

I spent another 2 months recovering at home...

During these few months I have also changed my car.  One of the bright light in the crazy year.

Now I've started back work, and looking back the past 1 and a half year... I am grateful that I am able to walk. Heck! I am grateful that I am alive! All thanks to my family and friends that constantly motivating me and pushing me on!

Crazy year and half! damn!

But I am back!

#assunta #hopitalPutrajaya #HospitalRehabCheras #rehab

Comments