WOLFMOTHER

I have been seeing their name almost everywhere but I didnt manage to listen to this band, Wolfmother. So that day when I was just ruffling through my own mental hard disk and to fulfill my curiosity, I went on to YouTube and Wikipedia and started "inputing" data to my hunger for more information.

Listened to their first and second album and suddenly i was addicted to their music! The band from Australia has just captured my mind! Think AC/DC, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Radiohead, The White Stripes and Kings of Leon all added together! Or more like strongly influenced this band! And what you get? good rock music!

This is definitely not a wannabe band! Kudos, and I thought the new age "Rockers" have lost their balls to play good old rock music! Some claimed that they are bringing back the Glam rock genre I just say they brought back some kickass in rock music!

Let me introduce the band a lil'. The initial band comprises of Vocalist/Guitarist Andrew Stockdale, their bassist/ keyboardist Chris Ross and Drummer Myles Haskett. But after their first self titled album -Wolfmother, Chris Ross and Myles Haskett left the band due to irreconcilable personal and musical differences. After a brief hiatus, Wolfmother returned with a new line up comprising bassist and keyboardist Ian Peres, rhythm guitarist Aidan Nemeth and drummer Dave Atkins to team up with Stockdale. But Atkins left after their second album - Cosmic Egg, came out.

gonna pick my fav from one each of their two album. Enjoy!

1. Woman from their first album Wolfmother



2. New Moon Rising from their second album Cosmic Egg

Comments