Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole movie review


As promised from the previous article, I am back with more stories about this movie... or more like a review. So, here goes...

Basically I was browsing through on who is the voice over talents for this flick. Then I saw a few name that stood out; Hugo Weaving, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Helen Mirren and of course Zack Snyder. The first thing that came into my mind was HOLY SHIEAT! Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Queen and 300 all mix together! Quite the all star cast!


So let me start with the good; The animation and graphics were fantastic! They really made the owls looks like the wise and mystical creatures that they are, the basis of the story is good. Never have I watch a movie about owls before. Only time we see owls is in horror movies or some mystical movie. This one brings a whole new perspective and its quite refreshing. The final battle was ok, can see alot of Zack Snyder's touch in it. ala 300.


Now the not so good part; something was missing in this flick. The studio did not bring the magic of Happy Feet to this one. I just felt that it was rushed. The transition of story between the chapters wasnt told very thoroughly. There wasn't really a climax to the show, it somehow didnt hit my emotional button. *SPOILER ALERT* Example, I felt that the character of Grimble wasnt really told properly. When he tried to save Soren and Gylfie and dies after, I just dont feel sorry for him. I was like... "oh ok...". The part when they escaped St Aegolius Academy and were flying to Ga'Hoole was too short to feel their struggle. Side characters was not develop enough, therefore there wasnt any emotional attachment to them.

But overall I will give it 7 out of 10. This is for the effort put in the animation and the graphics. Several good jokes. I would say watch it in 3D to enjoy the graphics. Kids will love it! I enjoyed it but just didnt hit my emotional button.

Anyway thanks Advertlets for the preview!

Comments