Why Superman Returns Sucked

To all those who feel that the 2006 Bryan Singer Superman movie was good... Here's what I've got to say... It's not. For a very simple reason. There was no supervillain. Every superhero movie needs a supervillain. Iron Man 2 had Whiplash, Spiderman had the Goblin and Tentacle Man (straight out of a Japanese hentai movie) and The Dark Knight had the Joker. What did Superman fight at the end of Superman returns? A giant rock. A giant kryptonite rock. You know what I would do if I was faced with a giant rock that could kill me... MOVE! And for those of you who said well the bad guy was Lexington Steele Luthor... He doesn't count! He ain't a supervillain. He's a real estate agent. Now I have a really funny line about real estate agents being slave owners, but I don't think this blog is the correct forum for that kind of vile humor.

Comments