KL INTERNATIONAL MOTORSHOW 2010


Been kinda bz with so many things lately that I have no time and inspiration to even write a simple blog. So happens my hands itch and I clicked on my blog and noticed that it was kinda outdated so I decided to take this few minutes to write about the recent KL INTERNATIONAL MOTORSHOW 2010.

Ok! lets see where to start. When I first read about this event I was really excited! why? coz Bumblebee and the Tumbler has made their way to KL! I was like wow! really? gawd damn! shieat! wahlao! Damn! i really gotta go! I was really impressed with the last KLIM. The exhibition was fantastic and I was really entertained.

So the expectation was very much higher coz this year they kept on highlighting on Bumblebee and Batman!

then.......

I went. The place was crowded. My first impression was wow not bad eh, alot of people. Walked around looking at cars and girls. But my main purpose was to see the Tumbler! (Tumbler is the Batmobile in Dark Knight la u fool!)

So the first "big" thing that I came across was the Proton booth, or more like Hall. For me personally, its felt like a fake propaganda to please the visitors. They showcase the Lotus cars and a few of their concept cars which clearly looks like a rip off from our Japanese counterpart. My friend asked me, "I really wonder which part is a Malaysian design" I told them, the name and the logo. Then after thinking a while I took back my words coz the logo was a modified version of Thundercats!

Ok so that was the first letdown.

Then as I walk along it was ok nothing much. There wasnt anything spectacular compared to the previous ones. Then came Bumblebee. It is again, clearly not life size. How I noticed? there was the concept Camaro at the Chevrolet booth and if you noticed the lights on the Bumblebee body is so much smaller compared to the car! But it was ok! some pvc and plastic but it looks kinda realistic! maybe he should do some pose so it might look livelier...

Then as I walked along I noticed there was lack of alot of things compared to the previous KLIM. There wasnt any sections for bikes, there was only one... Vespa! but what ever happened to Modenas? Harley Davidson? Kawasaki? Yamaha? only Vespa?

Then there wasnt a section for audio systems! My friend from Alpine said that the rental was too expensive so they didnt participate. I see....

Then as I walked into Hall C or 3 it was the Tumbler's hall. I was so excited! finally get to see a life size monster of a machine that ripped our silver screen creating a lasting impression!

Was really looking forward to see this monster! was looking around and I was curious where was it! Then I saw the corner where they decorated with some cheap looking decoration with some Batman figurines and posters. My eyes locked on that direction hoping to see some black machine empowering the crowd.

But as i got closer..... and closer and closer.... I saw.... this piece of crap!

A cardboard car that is one of the biggest and i mean BIGGEST RIPOFF!!! I am already disappointed with the show and they top off my disappointment with this shieat! I mean they have the cheek to actually ask ppl to line up to take photo... no one did. And they put a "cardboard" Batman there to accompany the "Cardboard" car! damn at least put a real batman running around also not so bad!

Utter disappointment. There was a few things that I found out that kinda irritates me too.

1. Too many kids running around. They should limit to children above 12 yrs. Why? coz the place is crowded and kids might get lost or worse! stepped on.

2. Dress code. Coz too many people dress up like they are going to market or mamak stall. Have a proper dress code will make the event more exclusive and not so low class...

This whole event feels more like a carnival more than a motorshow. They might as well have a corner with those blow up castles so that our kids can run and jump. And on the other corner someone selling fried chicken and keropok lekor so we can eat and walk while we touch the cars with our oily hands and kids can dirty the back seat of the new Nissan Livina.

One thing i wont mind is some kid to spill some soft drink on the cardboard Tumbler! so it will soften down and melt away!!!

But end of the day I guess the organiser's main agenda is to gather as much profit as possible from this event.

Really disappointed for a so called "exclusive" event that only comes once every 4 years...

Comments