2012 the year of stars

Its something of a standard thing for me to do every year and that is to do a review of what I have done. Looking back at my logs, I realise that I did not write anything about 2011. Perhaps it was a crappy year for me. But again, things start to change in 2012. It has been a hectic but wonderful year.

In 2012, I manage to do things that I can only dream of last time. I have to say 2012 was the year that I achieve lots of my goals set for some time. The first quarter of the year was quite an amazing ride for me. I manage to meet my idol, the person that I can only dream of meeting ever since I was a kid. Better still, I not only met him, I manage to sit down and have a personal chat with him. He is non other than the legendary Patrick Teoh. If you would have seen me on that day, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I was pacing all around, I could not sit still. Then he walk through the door and there he was.... the person that I listen to every single day when I was a kid. The person that I try to impersonate when doing a speech in school and in college. My idol.... is sitting in front of me having a laugh and a chat with me! 


The first quarter of 2012 did not end there. Before the shock of meeting the legendary Patrick settled down, then came someone that every guy dream of meeting. The gorgeous but down to earth Hannah Tan. 


All the while, I see her in the magazines and at events, she is like a superstar and all the attention on her. But after meeting her, I found out that she is quite a grounded person and a very humble one too. 

I get to listen live in front of me, from the legendary Zainal Abidin. Listening to him live gives me the goosebumps. Especially when he sang "Hijau". 


Ever remember about the old sang kancil cartoon that we watched on tv back in the 80s and 90s?

I managed to meet the creator of this! Being an animator and cartoonist myself. It was a dream come true to meet the Father of Animation of Malaysia, Hassan Muthalib. He was a very knowledgeable person in the movie world and at the moment, I so glad that I get to sit down and share ideas with him every week.

This year's Chinese New Year at the end of January 2012. I had a torrid time heading back. It was the first time in 2 years since the passing of my dad that we headed back to Ipoh to celebrate Chinese New Year. But I was greeted by an old friend that I have totally forgotten about. The massive jam. Its not heavy traffic! its jammed! Just imagine, I took 5 hours to go from Sungai Buloh to Sabak Bernam. By the time I reach the Tanjung Malim R&R, I could barely feel my legs already. It took me another 3 hours to reach Ipoh from Tanjung Malim. But by the time I reach my destination, I was relieved. I am back in Ipoh. Somehow it felt different since both my grandma and dad is gone... but life have to move on. 

One thing in this year is that the lack of breaks for me as there was so much to do. But I manage to squeeze in a nice holiday during March to the island of Lang Tengah. It was quite a treat as mah babe manage to get a sweet deal. At the end of the vacation, we had the whole resort to ourselves. Really awesome one. It was a good break for me and a refreshing one for me too... managed to sneak in a couple of shots of photos too.


But beside the holidays, one of the most magical moment of my live happened in 2012 too. It was the moment I proposed to tie the knot with mah babe. It was unorthodox, but the end result was great. 


Then followed by our Registration of Marriage. Although legally we are married, but my family feels that the official procedures needed to be done. So the status was dropped back to engaged. But we did have a nice meal at the ROM. and it was great!


There are also many activities revived during this year, I started swimming again, playing basketball again and most interesting of all. My radio colleagues started playing paintball again!



It was great to be able to start shooting again! 

The fun did not end there, I was interviewed in the papers for my block. My first ever news paper interview!!


and things went on better, I was chosen to be the President of BNI or Business Network International for my chapter.


My cartoon that I was doing with my friends took a step further and being featured on several other websites. We manage to squeeze out 2 episodes and it was great!



and of course this was the year that I bought a game and stuck with it for months. That is...


The great Diablo 3... 

Not to mentioned that in this year we managed to survived the "so called" apocalypse. The end of the world on the 21 of December 2012. Well it came and go and nothing happened. 

I really hope that this year, 2013 will be as eventful and exciting as what I had in 2012. 

Cheers! 
&
Happy New Year!

Comments