5 years on...

5 years ago, today, I lost one of the pillar of my life. In just a blink of an eye... my dad has left us for 5 years... this time 5 years ago, the doctor told us to be prepared... this time 5 years ago the glass that I call life, shatters upon me... 

"Watching you and hoping that you will miraculously open your eyes and get better... but reality is harsh... I felt helpless as I could not do anything... I felt lost and defeated... I hope and I hope but I watched you slowly wither away... I tried singing while holding your hand, hoping you sing along with me like you always do... but to no avail... watching you go without saying goodbye hurts even more..."

Till today it still aches, till today I still can't fill that hole, till today I still wish that my dad will walk through my front door and say that he was fooling all of us, just like a prankster he always is... but at the end of the day... I have to accept it... that he is gone and the only thing left is my memory...


Comments